DIRECTOR: ZIMBABWE WOMEN LAWYERS ASSOCIATION
Zimbabwe Women Lawyers Association (ZWLA) is seeking to recruit a Director.
ZWLA is a membership organization of women lawyers. It was founded in 1992 to enable women lawyers to contribute towards women’s rights in general whilst addressing the professional interests of women lawyers.
ZWLA has grown over the years to a full-fledged woman’s organisation implementing programmes with the aim of facilitating women access to justice.
ZWLA’s vision is justice and equality for all in society where women are empowered and assert their rights within a justice delivery system that treats women and men equally.
Reporting to the ZWLA Board, the National Director is responsible for overall implementation and management of the directions, goals, polices and strategies of the ZWLA Board. She/he leads the day to day operations of ZWLA and oversees the annual budgeting, programmatic planning, maintenance and development of key partners and relationships to ensure the effectiveness and impact of the organisation.
The National Director is accountable to the Board for the performance of the organisation. She/he must build upon ZWLA’s accomplishments to date and further strengthen the relevance and profile of the organisation.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated competencies and passion for women and children’s rights. Fund raising experience and exposure to the work of non-governmental organisations is a plus.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills including public speaking and media
- Proven success as a leader in a non-governmental, academic, or private sector organisation.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with and lead
executives and professionals at all levels of the organisation.
2. Strategy and Vision
- Experience formulating innovative strategies from concept through funding and
- Strong facilitator and negotiator.
- Excellent reputation and network in the field of women and children’s rights.
3. External relationships
- Experience forging relationships with funding partners, civil society organisations, private sector entities and government officials.
- Experience managing stakeholder relationships.
4. Understanding of Finance
- Experience and strong understanding of financial management evidenced by experience in leading her/his organisation or managing fund raising activities.
- Experience in managing budget, financial planning and project control, and investment
monitoring, being accountable of the financial results and performance and driving
5. Results-Oriented Change Leadership
- Demonstrated effective management skills with a track record of successfully tackling challenging projects.
6. Influencing and Interpersonal Skills
- Strong communication capabilities and a broad team orientation. She/he must have the ability to influence and work effectively with professionals.
- A self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who demonstrates a high degree of personal integrity, honesty, and respect for others as shown through strong personal values as well as consistency between words and actions.
Education and Experience
Ideal candidate should have at least 10 years of relevant experience. A relevant Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
Applications should be submitted by email to the Chairperson of the Human Resources
Committee of ZWLA, at
, clearly titled “Director ZWLA Application” on or before 31 May 2013.